This campground is administered by the Colorado City Metropolitan District. For group reservations, call the Parks & Rec. office at (719) 676-3059. FOR MEDICAL, FIRE, OR LAW ENFORCEMENT EMERGENCY, CALL 911. The Pueblo County Sheriff can also be reached at (719) 546-1123 or (719) 583-6250.
- Daily check out time will be 12:00pm. Daily check in time is 1:00pm. It may or may not be possible to re-register for a site depending on reservations.
- Trailers, campers, and tents must be occupied daily.
- Maximum camping equipment per site is one camper or 1-2 tents.
- Fires may or may not be allowed. Please check for postings at the registration pedestal from the Rye/Colorado City Fire Department. If fires are allowed, then they must be in the existing grills or campfire circles ONLY! Use only charcoal or wood that is brought in. Do not cut firewood from the park area.
- Do not litter. The trash dumpster is available if the campground is open. Campsites must remain clean and free of trash and clutter.
- Do not climb on cliffs or into caves. Any person caught breaking this rule will be escorted from the campground and forfeit any fees paid.
- Do not drive off designated roads. Failure to obey the posted speed limit signs will terminate your stay and you will forfeit fees paid.
- Pets must be on a leash! Any unleashed pet found will be turned over to the Pueblo County Animal Control. Please clean up after your pet.
- Do not drink the creek water.
- Use of firearms is strictly prohibited. No fireworks are allowed.
- Fishing in the creek is permitted with valid Colorado fishing licenses only.
- Quiet time is after 10:00 p.m. No loud music, noise, or disturbances please.
- The Colorado City Metro District is not responsible for accidents or theft in the campground. Do not leave children unsupervised.
- Group reservations must be made in advance and require a reservation form.
- Absolutely NO DRUGS, including Marijuana!
If you need to cancel your reservation, please call 719-821-7062 before the deadline listed below to receive your deposit refund, minus a $10 cancellation fee. Text and email notifications of cancellations are not acceptable.
- RV & Tent Sites: 48 hours cancellation notice is required. Notify Greenhorn Meadows Campground by 4 p.m. two days before your scheduled arrival.
- Reservations made after this deadline require nonrefundable payments. Cancellations made after deadlines will result in forfeiture of all fees.